The Board of Directors is the policy making body of the corporation.
The direction of the affairs of the corporation, including responsibility for matters in furtherance of the corporation’s purposes, shall be vested in the Board of Directors.
The responsibilities of Board members include:
- Be a current Better Marriages member in good standing
- Make a significant personal financial commitment to Better Marriages (each member determines what is significant for them)
- Understand that service on the Board is voluntary and at your own personal expense
- Attend 2 Board meetings per year as well as conference or video calls when needed
- Participate in a formal New Board Member Orientation
- Serve a 4-year term
- Serve on at least one Board committee
- Complete committee assignments as agreed upon
- Function as a goodwill ambassador and spokesperson for Better Marriages and its programs.
- Expand the organization’s network through friends, relatives and colleagues who can help meet organizational needs in such areas as marketing, tech support, fundraising, public relations, education and acquisition of office supplies such as computers, copiers, etc.
- Stay well informed of the business of Better Marriages by carefully reading the minutes of Board meetings, financial statements and other materials. Take serious your legal, fiscal and ethical responsibility as a Board member
- Become knowledgeable about the field of marriage enrichment and education
- Notice community activities and legal/political developments, etc. that may impact Better Marriages and/or its programs and make the Board aware of them
- Become familiar with Better Marriages by-laws, procedures and policies
- Keep your Board notebook up to date by adding or replacing materials as you receive them
- A majority vote shall constitute action by the Board of Directors. When a policy or program has been approved, lend your open support even if you are not personally in agreement. If you are unable to do so, please resign from the Board.
- Keep confidential all Board business and information of a proprietary nature
Complete a nomination form here.